My sister is getting married. That is the short story. I can't even think of a cohesive order right now, so I may as well take it upon myself to describe this thoroughly and sequentially.
I was lying on the couch, spending quality time with my book, Lost, by Greggory McGuire. My sister was in the kitchen using my laptop, as was my mom. I heard them talking, but wasn't really paying attention. But I heard something about weddings. I paused in my reading, thinking, what? Is she-- could she be--?
A minute or two later, my dad, who was also reading in the living room, picked up on the conversation as well, and when he stood up and headed into the kitchen, I thought that I might as well.
As I walked through the entrance to the kitchen, my mom was saying something to my dad along the lines of, "Did you just miss that? If I had been sitting right there, in that chair, I would have been up in a second."
Then my sister, noticing me, said, "Did you catch what we were talking about?" I think that I shrugged. "Basically, I'm getting married."
Oh my god. Holy shit. First Kevin, now Mel. Then my thoughts jumped to Ryan, whom I had met once at a restaurant. He had ten days leave after boot camp, and in that time he was meeting his girlfriend's family, which includes me, the younger sister.
After that statement, I'm not exactly sure the order in which I learned the rest of the details.
TO BE CONTINUED
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment