Ah, I love random things. And hanging out with friends.
You see, I recently started high school (just about a month ago, a little less) and have met a lot of new people. One of them is, well, lets give him a fake name. Let's call him Lenny.
Lenny is my friend, sort of. I mean, we have been talking to each other a lot, but I feel like something is different between us than between me and my other friends. Perhaps it's because I'm not used to having guys as friends, and different genders sort of creates a barrier. I can't talk about certain things around him, because it would be really weird to talk about...girl stuff.
But I can talk to him about other things that I can't really say around my other friends who are girls, because their senses of humor differ from mine quite a bit in certain ways.
The odd thing is that I've always felt like I had to really try to be friends with any guys, that something might be wrong with me for not wanting to talk to them a whole lot. Yet, here he is, Lenny, and I've only known him for a few weeks. He is already a definate friend. I think that I've never been friends with any guys before for the same reason that I'm not friends with some girls either; there was no click.
I don't know why I never thought of it before. I mean, all of my friends have always just clicked into place like they'd been there all along, belonging in my life, and I in theirs. I don't ever recall having to try at friendship. It came automatically, because I wasn't the only one who felt the click.
And that's how it is with Lenny and I. I mean, sure he's...different, definitly not what you would call popular, but we get along well. I mean, would spontaneously take off your flip flops and go racing down the empty school hallway with somebody who wasn't your friend? Would you stay after school with somebody until their ride arrived before walking the short distance home? Would you joke about how you can't do so many things while wearing a skirt? Would you sit in the stairwell and join in to a prank call that wasn't even dialed? Would you do any of that after just a few weeks if there wasn't a click, if you weren't friends?
So today was a good day for me. Because I've found a friend with the same sense of humor and seems to have the same balence between random and normal. Neither of us put up any fronts for others.We are very similar in those aspects, even though others might think we were complete opposites by looking at us and getting to know us on the surface. We dress in different styles (i mean the prep/goth/nerd kind of difference here, not the male/female clothing difference) and I am optimistic and cheerful, while he is synical and not really happy.
I think that we're a good match.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment